I ask that you send me your manuscript as one folder containing individual chapter documents.
If you don't know how to do this, please follow these instructions.
Upload via 'Microsoft Word' & 'My Documents'
Provide your email
Click 'Add File' - you will be asked for a password. The password is: upload
Click 'Okay', then click 'Add File'
A smaller window will open on your desktop showing your computer's documents
Either: navigate to where you have saved your manuscript or type the name of your folder in the 'search' bar
Select the correct folder
The smaller window will close and you will return to the form.
Share via Google Docs
1. Go to your Google Drive
2. Navigate to where you have saved your manuscript or type the name of your folder in the 'search' bar
3. Your screen will look like the picture below. This is a folder named 'novel'
5. Return to the previous page by clicking it's name
4. Double click the folder - inside should be your individual chapter documents
6. Right click on the folder and click on 'share'
7. A small window will appear. Type in my email: [maddyjglenn] at [gmail] dot [com]
8. Make sure the symbol here shows a pen - this means I will be able to edit and comment on the documents
9. Click 'Send'
10. I will receive an email called 'invitation to edit' which I will then accept. You may receive an email saying that I have accepted your invitiation.
Send via Email
Every email differs. Gmail may have a different to, for example, yahoo.
1. On all email servers: draft a new email. Address it to my email: [maddyjglenn] at [gmail] dot [com]
2. Attach a document by clicking the 'attach files' symbol which looks like a paperclip. There a many different variations of the symbol but the paperclip tends to stick.
3. A smaller window will open on your desktop showing your computer's documents
4. Either: navigate to where you have saved your manuscript or type the name of your folder in the 'search' bar
5. Select the correct folder
6. Click 'open'
7. The smaller window will close and you will return to the email
8. Make sure the subject of the email is clear. Eg 'My name, my novel, 20 chapters'
9. Press 'send'
10. If you are unable to send all of your chapters in one email, send them in chunkss, eg 5-10 chapters at a time.
Back to top
I hope I have been able to help! Do get in contact if you still find anything confusing/unclear.